Dear Valued Customers,
Earlier this month, Swire Shipping announced the launch of our new express service
between North Asia, Papua New Guinea (PNG) and Australia which will commence in
July 2015. The North Asia Express (NAX) service provides a direct link between North
Asia, Townsville in Australia and Lae in PNG.
SWIRE are pleased to inform that the Chinese ports of Ningbo and Shekou will be added to
this service, in addition to Shanghai, Taichung, Lae and Townsville.
This service enhancement will complement our existing network, allowing us to offer the
following market leading features:
• Four direct calls in China for Lae, providing a 10-day service frequency.
• Introduction of direct calls to Ningbo and Shekou.
• Calls to container terminals with efficient transhipment connections for global
• Fastest transit time from China to Lae (9 days).
• Fastest transit time from China to Townsville (15 days).
• Market leading 10 day transit from Townsville to China (Shanghai).
The first sailing of the new service will depart from Shanghai on 4 August 2015