We are current experience delays for quarantine entry assessment and processing, the usual 24 hours turnaround time can go up to 72 hours or more. This can add unforeseen costs and charges to importers if shipping documents are received late or very close to vessel arrival.
Furthermore all front counter services around Australia have changed to a drop off and pick up service for non-urgent quarantine entry processing with a minimum 24 hour turnaround time. See below for more info;
- All Non Urgent Entries: Regional Office – Tullamarine front counter operations will move to a 24 hour drop off system. This means that all non-urgent entries will be required to be dropped off or documents picked up at the cashier window only.
- Urgent Entries: These entries will continue to be assessed by an officer at the front counter. An urgent/perishable entry is defined as:
- Live Animals (for consignments of Fish, Dogs, Cats, Horses & Mice)
- Urgent medical / emergency freight (for consignments of Blood/Medication, Fire Fighting Helicopters, Medical Equipment)
- Hazardous materials
- Perishable airfreight (for consignments of Cut Flowers, Tissue Cultures, Fresh Fruit, Fresh Vegetables & Chilled Finfish)
- Personal Effects lodged via a privateer/non commercial
The IFC Team