DP World Australia – Industrial action update: Brisbane & Fremantle now affected
Dear Valued Customer,
DP World Australia advised that they will appear before the Fair Work Commission via teleconference with the Maritime Union of Australia (MUA) on Monday, 15 December to set the framework for conciliation on the 2014 Enterprise Agreement.
Meanwhile, the MUA has notified DP World Australia of a fresh round of protected action.
The MUA will lead protected action in Brisbane on Wednesday, 17 December from 7am to Thursday, 18 December at 7am. DP World Australia will take employer response action on 18 December from 7am until 3pm in Brisbane.
In Melbourne, the MUA will lead protected action on Wednesday, 17 December from 12:30pm until 4:30pm, affecting two shifts. DP World Australia will take employer response action from 6:30am until 10:30pm, effectively locking out employees for the duration.
In Fremantle, will close the Fremantle terminal from 6:00am 16 December to 6:00am 17 December
DP World has been very clear from the outset of our negotiations with the MUA and elected employee representatives that any protected action would be met with employer response action.
This action is occurring at a very busy time and will cause significant schedule disruption leading up to the Christmas period.
DP World will work closely with the operators of affected vessels and will explore all options in an effort to mitigate delays.
The updated times for protected and employer response action are outlined below.
• Wed 17 Dec 7am – Thurs 18 Dec 7am (3 x 8 hour stoppages) DP World Australia lock out in response
• Thurs 18 Dec 7am – 3pm
Operations ceased at 6:30am on Thursday, December 11 and will resume at 2:30pm on Friday, December 12.
Operations will cease again at 6:30am Wednesday, December 17 and resume at 10:30pm the same day.
• Thurs 11 Dec 6:30am – Fri 12 Dec 6:30am (3 x 8 hour stoppages) • Thurs 11 Dec 6:30am – Thurs 18 Dec 6:30am (7 day bans on overtime and shift extensions)
• Wed 12 Dec 12:30pm – 4:30 pm (coverage over two shifts) DP World Australia lock out in response this week
• Fri 12 Dec 6:30am – Fri 12 Dec 2:30pm DP World Australia lock out in response next week
• Wed 17 Dec 6:30am – 10:30 pm
Operations ceased at 10am on Thursday, December 11 and resumed at 6am on Friday, December 12.
Operations will cease again at 10am on Monday, December 15 and resume at 6am on Tuesday, December 16.
MUA action this week
• Thurs 11 December 10am – 2pm, 6pm – 10pm
• Fri 12 December 2am – 6am (3 x 4 hour stoppages)
• Fri 12 Dec 6:00am – Sat 13 Dec 7.00am (bans on shift extensions)
• Fri 12 Dec 6:00am – Sat 13 Dec 6.00am (bans on overtime) DP World Australia lock out in response this week
• Thurs 11 Dec 10am – Fri 12 Dec 6am
MUA action next week
• Mon 15 December 10am – 2pm, 6pm – 10pm
• Tue 16 December 2am – 6am (3 x 4 hour stoppages) DP World Australia lock out in response next week
• Mon 15 Dec 10am – Tues 16 Dec 6am